In this clip from the CAFE Insider podcast, Preet and his co-host Anne Milgram discuss the revelations in former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe’s interview on “60 Minutes.”
To listen to the full episode, become a member of CAFE Insider at CAFE.com/insider.
References and supplemental materials:
- Preet’s tweet about pleaded v. pled; and see Mueller’s sentencing submission for Manafort, where prosecutors write “pled,” NOT pleaded.
- Andrew McCabe’s 60 Minutes interview, plus the transcript from 2/17/19
- DOJ response to McCabe’s 60 Minutes interview
- Andrew McCabe’s book, The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump
- An article in the NYT reporting Comey’s firing in 2017
- An article in the NYT first reporting that Rod Rosenstein considered secretly recording Trump
- A report from NPR on Rosenstein denial that he discussed recording Trump
- Rosenstein’s appointment of Bob Mueller as Special Counsel
- Rosenstein’s 2017 memo that Trump used to justify firing Comey
- An article from the NYT on Rosenstein’s reaction to being “used” by the White House to justify Comey’s firing
- Trump’s 2017 interview with Lester Holt
- An article from the NYT on Manafort’s departure from the Trump campaign
- Michael Horowitz’s inspector general report.