In this clip from the CAFE Insider podcast, “Crooked Diplomacy,” co-hosts Preet Bharara and Anne Milgram discuss break down the evolving Trump-Ukraine scandal and newly released text messages between State Department officials.
Listen to the full episode with a free 2-week trial of the CAFE Insider membership.
REFERENCES & SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS
STATE DEPT. TEXT MESSAGES
- “Read the Text Messages Between U.S. and Ukrainian Officials,” New York Times, 10/4/19
- “Read Kurt Volker’s opening statement for testimony in Trump impeachment inquiry,” Vox, 10/4/19 [Text of Volker’s opening statement]
- “Kurt Volker, Ukraine and a Turbulent End in the Trump Administration,” New York Times, 10/5/19
- “Kurt Volker resigns as executive director of McCain Institute,” Politico, 10/7/19
- “The U.S. diplomat who questioned Trump’s Ukraine scheme,” Politico, 10/4/19
- “How Gordon Sondland, a wealthy hotelier turned ambassador, became the latest key player in the Ukraine inquiry,” Washington Post, 10/4/19
- “Trump Ordered Ukraine Ambassador Removed After Complaints From Giuliani, Others,” Wall Street Journal, 10/3/19
- “From ‘America’s mayor’ to Trump’s pit bull: Rudy Giuliani emerges as central figure in Ukraine firestorm,” USA Today, 9/27/19
- “Ukrainians understood Biden probe was condition for Trump-Zelensky talks, says former Ukrainian adviser,” ABC News, 9/25/19
- “Ukraine’s president needs to repair ‘damage’ with Europe after the Trump call scandal,” CNBC, 10/1/19