In this special emergency episode of Stay Tuned In Brief, Preet is joined by former U.S. Attorney and CAFE Insider co-host Joyce Vance to discuss the federal indictment of Donald Trump by Special Counsel Jack Smith in the classified documents matter.
Stay informed. For analysis of the most important legal and political issues of our time, become a member of CAFE Insider for one month for $1: www.cafe.com/insider. You’ll get access to full episodes of the podcast, and other exclusive benefits.
This podcast is brought to you by CAFE Studios and Vox Media Podcast Network.
Tamara Sepper – Executive Producer; Jake Kaplan – Editorial Producer; Nat Weiner – Audio Producer
REFERENCES & SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS
- Indictment, USA V. Donald J. Trump and Waltine Nauta, Southern District of Florida, 6/8/23
- “Exclusive: Donald Trump admits on tape he didn’t declassify ‘secret information,’” CNN, 6/9/23
- “Trump was recorded saying he knew he had a classified document,” NYT, 6/9/23
- Norman Eisen, Andrew Weissmann and Joyce Vance op-ed, “How to Convict Trump,” NYT, 6/9/23
- Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, initially assigned to oversee his case: Sources, ABC News, 6/9/23
- Smith v. United States, Scotusblog