Federal prosecutors in New York try a case against the boss of the Genovese crime family—with Anthony Arillotta as their star witness. But will the jury believe a murderer?
For more untold stories from the Springfield Mafia and exclusive interviews that explore how law enforcement fights organized crime, head to cafe.com/mob and become a member of CAFE Insider for 40% off the initial annual membership price. You’ll learn about RICO, forensics, trial strategy and more from the people who’ve done it.
Email us your questions, comments, and reactions at email@example.com.
Up Against the Mob is brought to you by CAFE and the Vox Media Podcast Network. Hosted by @eliehonig. Follow us on Twitter.
Check out other CAFE podcasts: Now & Then and Stay Tuned with Preet.
Executive producers: Tamara Sepper, Art Chung. Senior producer and writer: Matthew Billy. Technical director: David Tatasciore. Producers: Adam Waller, Noa Azulai. Editor: Isaac Kestenbaum. Story consultant: Lissa Soep. Original score composed by Nat Weiner.
REFERENCES & SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS
- Indictment of Anthony Arillotta, Southern District of New York
- “Alleged mobster shot to death at social club,” South Coast Today, 11/24/2003
- “Manhattan U.S. Attorney Files Additional Charges Against Former Acting Boss of Genovese Organized Crime Family and Four Others,” FBI, 7/20/2010
- “Trial of Fotios Geas, Ty Geas, Arthur Nigro in connection with the murder of Adolfo Bruno starts Monday in Manhattan,” MassLive, 3/14/2011
- Verdict in the trial of Artie Nigro, SDNY, 4/1/2011